Minio is an object storage server. It is used to store photos, videos, log files, backups and container / VM images. Size of an object can range from a few KBs to a maximum of 5TB.
Minio Client (mc) provides a modern alternative to UNIX commands like ls, cat, cp, mirror, diff, find, etc.
While working with minio docker container I find it quite hard to manage buckets and files.
Minio Client Usage
In this section, I will go through the basic steps of managing minio server using its client.
- [Step 1] Start minio server and provide the desired minio access and secret key.
- [Step 2] Start minio client.
- [Step 3 ] Connect the minio client (mc) with minio server.
- [Step 4] Create a new bucket.
- [Step 5] Copy a file from minio client container inside a minio bucket.
- [Step 6] Sync minio server objects on the local system.