Minio server management using minio client (mc)
In this story, I will go through a basic introduction about minio and how to manage minio server using its client.
Minio is an object storage server. It is used to store photos, videos, log files, backups and container / VM images. Size of an object can range from a few KBs to a maximum of 5TB.
Minio Client (mc) provides a modern alternative to UNIX commands like ls, cat, cp, mirror, diff, find, etc.
While working with minio docker container I find it quite hard to manage buckets and files.
Minio Client Usage
In this section, I will go through the basic steps of managing minio server using its client.
- [Step 1] Start minio server and provide the desired minio access and secret key.
- [Step 2] Start minio client.
- [Step 3 ] Connect the minio client (mc) with minio server.
- [Step 4] Create a new bucket.
- [Step 5] Copy a file from minio client container inside a minio bucket.
- [Step 6] Sync minio server objects on the local system.